Friday, 13 April 2012

Tile: Two Hours

We are fortunate to have a high school art teacher in our membership and last night she treated us to a tile making workshop.  What intense fun! We all ended up sweating up a storm while rolling out the clay so we were glad when that part was over but all became completely engrossed in the designs.  The others took theirs home to complete but I have so much on my plate I decided that my dining room table and my schedule didn't have space for one more ongoing project so...I worked like one possessed and managed to make sure concept to completion occurred in a little under 2 hours.  Now it's drying at the high school, will be fired in a week or two and then we apply a black glaze and the beautiful metallic paints that Maureen ordered for the tiles her classes created last year.
Can hardly wait to see what everyone's done!

No comments: