Yellow crime scene tape blocks off a house across the street, kitty corner to my church this morning and for a moment I thought it might be early Halloween decorations but the absence of any other embellishments quickly ruled that out. When we exited church I noticed three police vehicles and a quick look through facebook reveals the possiblity of a double stabbing. Don't know yet if it has or will result in an actual murder but one victim had to be sent to Vancouver. I'd heard sirens this morning and the number, timing and pattern of them was similar to our last murder so...wasn't too surprised.
Crime scene tape on a house on Thanksgiving looks particularily disturbing. Maybe it's because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year? (all the excuses for festivity and none of the pressure or expense of other holidays I could mention)
It sure makes one extra specially thankful. Gonna go call the kids..
Update Monday: The wife who is several years younger than I succumbed to her injuries Sunday night. The husband's in an induced coma for now. We all feel a pervasive sorrow for the senseless violence and it was physically/geographically so close to so many. I live about one block from the scene. Closer still is the thought that I dodged that particular bizaare bullet of being the parent of someone who went so far off the rails - the intruder, according to news stories is a 19 year old Kitimat youth, found in the backyard of the home, possibly 2 hours after the event.
Has psychosis written all over it.

No comments:
Post a Comment