Thursday, 13 October 2011

Reflections 2011

This acrylic painting is mounted on top of a board from an old fishing dory that rested on a Nova Scotia shore and was brought back for me by an art buddy who's aware of my love for anything worn, weathered or rusted.  It depicts TwinB and her Big Bro exploring the flat grey beach on the northern end of Haida Gwaii...almost the furthest west that one can travel in Canada.

My Biggest Fan was raving about it to me & would like to commission it then commented that she's never seen a painting 'with so many shades of the same colour.' 
I won the People's Choice award for this year's regional exhibit 'Reflections'!  And I won it fair and square because I'm pretty darn sure the only vote who walked in the door from my camp was my husband.  Didn't even get the brother-in-law vote this year.

No comments: