Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Little Gems

So, like, here I am in Calgary...those are the Rockies as I flew in a week ago.  Whatta week!
Celebrated my birthday:
My ersatz son-in-law purchased this lovely cake seen here in the morning light but couldn't attend my little birthday event as he was working a side job after hours last week.

No Photo Available *

TwinB 'n me attended the annual Poetry Slam on Thursday where she opened the show being the first person to read for the Open Mic portion of a very intense and jam packed evening. She got a rather good response from a completely cold crowd (not warmed up) and I suspect folks would be surprised to discover that this was her inaugeral public reading.  Ever.
I's a proud Mama. 
*no chance to record my baby since she suddenly went on first and all I could do is enjoy.  She asked them only minutes before so they were very gracious to give her any spot at all.


The following morning mah boy and I travelled to Grande Prairie to put in an appearance at my Uncle and Aunts' 60 anniversary.  For some reason I figured on about 6 hours of travel...wrong!!  Between construction, getting lost and it being 800 kilometers in total we were on the road for 11 painful hours.  This is from the trip back a mere 38 hours later.  Travelled through a massive thunderstorm; this would be the end and look what's at the end of the rainbow!! 
Stampede is coming up so the Ctrain stations are alive with the sound of buskers.  Threw a loonie in guitar case then decided I liked his sound so told him I was sticking around for a whole song.  He did an amazing job of singing about divesting himself of various household goods in order to move to Victoria. Haunting even.  We then chatted for quite a while: so, please meet Tyler Cameron, singer/songwriter heading to UVic to take sports psychology. 
I however am hoping that his musical career takes off. 
Look him up online at cbc radio 3





No comments: