I'm a little artist in the big, dark woods tracking the progress - or procrastination - of various artistic endeavors as I prepare to leap into a bigger pond. Sprinkled in between these are the extreme weather/scenery of Kitimat and the surrounding region as well as local situations that catch my attention.
Tuesday, 26 July 2011
Huckleberries! Hurray!!
There is no plant/tree/shrub that is more West-Coastie than the huckleberry. They're the first thing to send out their incredibly delicate blooms in spring; hummingbirds count on it and this bush is so pretty in every season. Spotted these on a walk today and harvested a few. Prematurely it turns out. They were almost good so I guess they'll need a few more days. I noticed some ripe looking raspberries in my oh so neglected raspberry patch so will check that out now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment