I'm back in the old theatre/set painting harness. On Cue community theatre has been recruited to assist with every aspect of the high school's musical theatre production of The Wizard of Oz. There are at least 9 of us on board - that's how many people it takes to replace former theatre technician John and his lovely and talented (slave) wife Heather. It feels so much nicer knowing how many other people are lending their abilities to the production since I normally am the only one to get snagged.
That's my partially completed corn field. Actually don't have that much time invested so far. Maybe...3 hours?? Kind of shocking how unfamiliar I am regarding what corn looks like...probably one of the most alien and exotic plants I've ever depicted! I even have way more experience with tropical foliage.
Coming in at a much heftier investment of time at 20 hours is the gypsy caravan. I have a commitment from the Drama teacher that this will live on, so the helper and I took a bit more time on it. She had studied tole painting and her skills really brought the perfect feel to this. Incorporating authentic wagon wheels shipped all the way from Winipeg (which is where a former techie happens to live.)
No comments:
Post a Comment