Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Art of a Literary Kind

Hey, I wrote a Pome! Now I have something to read at Writers Group on Saturday!
Wanna hear it?? 'Kay? Alright - here goes...

*ahem* *rattling of paper*

The Dream Rotisserie
Discomfort rules tonight.
I roll endlessly with the clock;
the promise of rest always a quarter turn from reach.
Hour by hour I dip into dreams
then inevitably float back up to briefly glimpse
the regular stops on my circuit:
Dresser/lamp/wall/ceiling/repeat
Each moment of half lucid awareness is compelled to surrender to a vague narrative
that builds and echoes through brief episodes of sleep.
The sheets - heated and wet
are thrown to the side until
a slow chill draws me back to my burrow and
the chaotic underworld of ever changing plot.
Dresser/lamp/wall/ceiling/repeat
The chapter shifts once more.
Brain - what are you cooking up?
Scenes are played and overlaid,
condensed to form some elusive conclusion.
A nudge from my unconcious:
"Do you get it? Do you get it yet??
But I'm blank so I'm gone. Again and again and again
I'll ride the dream rotisserie
and marinate in sweat.
The End. Soooo....anyhoo, I will request critiques and keep hammering away at this.

No comments: