
I delivered our watercolour instructor to the airport this afternoon, completing a 3 day workshop that we'd been planning for a year. It was a very worthwhile endeavor - most participants produced or halfway finished at least one nice composition and we generated a wonderful atmosphere that I hope we can maintain for an indefinite period. In less than 18 hours over the 3 days I came away with two half sheet sized watercolours and established a clear genre for myself - this being my light/shadows/fruit debris still life series. It's good to have a direction and I'll be pursuing gallery representation and Federation of Canadian Artist status with a portfolio of these kinds of subject and style

This would be contender number 2. Been meaning to paint this one for countless years so I'm happy to finally squeeze it out. The instructor Gerry Thompson treated us to a very straightforward and manageable approach to paintings and like most people we ship up here, kept us entertained as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment