...because I haven't been Wednesday Wanderin' lately:
TwinB and me went out with Connie on Monday to re-do the previous Wednesday hike but with ample time for photos. This is the bottom half of the Gunsight Peak hike which follows Granite Creek, shown here at very high, raging levels due to the time of year and massive snow melt. This is one of the fastest flowing waterways I've ever seen, evidenced by the bare rock channel that the creek races through much of the way.
These falls and rapids can be accessed by climbing down a near vertical drop with a rope that's been fixed in place; I've traversed many of these situations on various hikes but this scenario was a doozie especially since any misstep would risk pitching one into the insanely powerful white water.
Doesn't quite do it justice...behind TwinB is the big drop...the only mitigating factor is the many tree roots that provide a sturdy handhold.
We all survived...Hundreds of wonderful photos were captured...had a good work-out...and Rupert had the time of his life:
...even if he does seem aware that he could be bear bait.




No comments:
Post a Comment