Monday, 25 April 2011

As Seen On The Cover of The MVAC Bulletin!

One of my most recent assignments involved creating an image to be used on the weekly bulletin for my church.  So ... you got yer Mount Elizabeth there, the building itself and the cross we see at the front of the sanctuary... three's a magic number so Bingo, Bango, Bob's your uncle!
Bottom line: it works, wasn't even that painful and the Mt. Elizabeth is a good standard view of the mountain to use on many a painting..
The transitional pastor who'd requested this was gracious/professional enough to ask what I would charge for this service; I of course said I couldn't charge for this especially given the amount of time others pour into our church. 
It was quite the novelty to be treated as a professional rather than a rented mule especially when compared to some of the requests I've received from people who don't even know me except as a handy local name who'll realize their vision for no charge while they take the bows.  The publicity's supposed to be good for my career...so I can attract more freebies.
To date I've managed to dodge three different free unpaid, large-to-mega projects that would have seen me donating services worth tens of thousands of dollars.
Now that I look at it written on the screen like that...NO! #4 is gonna be a whole lot easier.

No comments: