Sunday, 13 September 2009

Toys Take Over My Kitchen

I've been pondering two buckets full of toys and toy parts over the past few days in order to present a few workshops on how to create something completely different from the pieces' original design. The museum curator's husband is having an exhibit of his collectables so she's hoping that participants can do that trendy, funky thing where we make new art from old - kind of like what Smithers artists did with war toys a while back -
or like other centres have been working on for the past few years.
And my favorite? - Toddlerpede!
My Ee-vil Pony. Pretty crudely done, I know but I'm just looking to give people some examples of sculpture. If people can't think up a sculpture I'll suggest gluing bits to a flat, painted surface to produce either a 'portait' or flower/garden scene such as the one above.
*Update Sept. 14 - I transferred all the stuff to the museum today and while showing this to the currator, accidently pressed a small boulder on the base and was surprised by "My Precious...my precious" hissing from Evil Pony! BONUS!!!

No comments: