Started the day with an art class involving grade 3's and watercolour depicting outer space. We prepared the surface with a wash of dark colour leaving areas for planets and stars/suns. I noted someone's painting had the 'Lobster Nebula' which they found hillarious so I informed them that nebulas are normally named after an object they resemble...then encouraged each student to develop their own galaxy with any unique planets/suns/features. The results were most satisfying and will make a great display on the wall outside the classroom.
(the teacher showed me the folder where she's kept all the examples I've painted with her classes over the years so I scurried back to my piece - neglecting students for a couple of minutes - so I could improve on it for posterity)
Two or three venues later and into the evening while at Art Club I solved a persistent 'medical' situation - turns out a pain in my chest has been the result of a stray piece of metal from my cheapo underwire bra - coudn't shorten it so I'd put a loop on it and it's been pressing into my chest for days giving me owies...
*note to self - invest in new undergarments tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment