But she did.
I figured this out late today when I finally managed to contact TwinB on the phone. Last night she engaged in her 'routine' - drank too much, put on horror movies and in an attempt to delay cutting, she tried to carve some words into a buddha figurine instead of her arm. At this point, being none too co-ordinated, the knife slipped and cut the back of her wrist.*
(I couldn't resist commenting that she can tell people that she tried to slash her wrist but is dyslexic)
I was really baffled - she's been doing great - but now suddenly I heard those same old ghosts leaking from her voice...why did she sound so hollow? I hadn't seen it coming at all.
As we talked it through I discovered that she'd cut her divalproex to half in an effort to follow doctor's brilliant plan.
I'm rather shocked at how soon the results showed up, but at least now know the timing for my arrival if she embarks on that little experiment again.
As she was puking into the toilet, her cat positioned itself on the tank and kept batting the lid onto her head. She had to keep her arm pressing against it and said the cat pushed back with surprising strength. Not the easiest way to hurl especially since she ended up laughing in between. cats are amazing little shits!
*oh - apparently it was 'accidently on purpose' and landed on the inside of the wrist just below the base of the thumb.
No comments:
Post a Comment