Some time later, another individual - young and disgruntled I suspect - added their own, more modern contribution.
I'm a little artist in the big, dark woods tracking the progress - or procrastination - of various artistic endeavors as I prepare to leap into a bigger pond. Sprinkled in between these are the extreme weather/scenery of Kitimat and the surrounding region as well as local situations that catch my attention.
Monday, 23 June 2008
Culturally Modified Tree
,
While hiking out to the old Haisla cemetary I came across this particular cedar which had been culturally modified not once, but twice! The Haisla, like other coastal first nations harvested strips of cedar bark from various trees; this did no harm to the tree except to leave it with a rather distinctive vertical scar along the trunk.
Some time later, another individual - young and disgruntled I suspect - added their own, more modern contribution.
Some time later, another individual - young and disgruntled I suspect - added their own, more modern contribution.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment