Friday, 18 May 2012

Sound Of Music: Opening Night


Yesterday we discovered an undone area which was this room visible through the french doors.  Here, I'd been assuming that there must be curtains that would obscure the view inside. Nope.  Apparently not.
We arrived at lunch thinking I'd only have to arrange some of my aged and era appropriate objets; the painting of the red room was still in progress but that was okay because last night Rick decided that the exterior fireplace needed some texture and was too dark. I knew full well what it needed but balked at the task until actually requested.  He did have a student crew ready to go but I stepped in and it probably went on way faster with me at the sponge.  I made Rick sponge the highest 18" of brick so now he know how it's done!  It's all a matter of selecting just the right size and texture of sponge.

At one o'clock Rick gets a text from his co-director Tina: we need topiary painted on either side of the french doors.  Lucky for them, TwinB jumped wholeheartedly into the task. Darn good thing she's been here on the project...despite nearly igniting a mutiny a couple of nights ago... because there were several nice details she was able to add that I wouldn't have had time to devote to finicky picking.
The chapel backdrop was hung a few days ago.  Really like how the crucifix that TwinB spent about 4 hours on, turned out.  I concentrated on the two stained glass windows.

I didn't fall in love with the set until this afternoon.  It would have been nice to arrive at this stage a week ago when I could have enjoyed adding final details (a vine up the sides of the exterior fireplace) and savor an even more finished product.  Came together at the very end anyway and now I'm looking forward to seeing The Sound of Music on closing night next Saturday.

No comments: