Thursday, 29 December 2011

Professional Photo Portrait

Best. Prize. Ever. !!
In mid-December I attended an open house held by Doug Keech, one of our local photographers. He offered a door prize of a $400 portrait sitting to someone who dropped by that afternoon and looky!
He drew my name!
Doug has started composing photo collages to portray people in their professions and I feel these works are his strongest and most interesting, though his landscapes can be breathtaking.  I went to his house yesterday for the shoot which was supposed to be 2 hours but as we both continued to make progress - I with posing and facial expressions, he with lighting - it went over 3 & 1/2 rather gruelling hours. 
Drop that shoulder, stretch the neck, tilt, twist, look down...up, relax the eyes and...smile!
Repeat a couple hundred times.  I also brought along a bag of art supplies which he used to make the final collage.  Doug will also give me a dvd of 20 or 30 other face shots so now I have a very nice collection to choose from should I need to include a good photo for a submission or profile.
The weather and sidewalk are also significant and part of the 'story'. Very typical Kitimat type conditions and since my house is a half block behind me this is what I consider to officially be MY sidewalk where all walks with our little dog must usually begin.
http://dougkeech.com/   <--- to peruse his site

One little exception to my overall glee? He chose the only one with accidental cleavage!!
We don't *do* cleavage in my family.

No comments: