Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Wednesday's (Aborted) Wanderings

Thought I would give snowshoeing a try.
Hah!  Try again.
My good friend, the Gumboot Fairy, gave me a pair of snowshoes, declaring that she discovered she actually didn't like snowshoeing, despite her love of  being in the forest.  This was my second try and after a couple hundred meters I was convinced there was no way I'd keep up with the others.
This wasn't much of a surprise after seeing pair after pair of the same style snowshoe unloaded out of the back of the truck and they were about half the size of the ones I subsequently struggled with.
We were less than a half hour walk back to my car so I informed the group that I'd head back on my own.  Got some lovely photos during the tiny window of sunshine we were treated to this morning.
Wonder if they're still out there?  A fairly wicked maritime type blizzard has since descended upon us.

No comments: