Saturday, 15 January 2011

Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Snow, Nor Dark of Night...Or More Snow

...will stop us from performing our musical theatre duties.  This little patch of bare ground - quite possibly the only one in existence in Kitimat this morning is rather deceiving.  I had to trudge through drifted snow that was 6 to 18 inches deep to get here since the parking lots were completely inaccessable.  Spent 20 minutes driving past the school and then around town before deciding that the only option was to park the car back at home and walk in.  Was like traversing the tundra.  At least 10 of us did so. 
Maniacs, all.
This was yesterday afternoon and about a foot of snow ago.  It's snowing and blowing harder than ever so I don't know how on earth I'll make it into the school tomorrow.  I might have to ask the Theatre manager with The Amazing Subaru to pick me up and drop me there, where I'll work like mad to get the final backdrop as close to completion as I can and then clean up the evidence.  It's all in the cafeteria for now so I have no option but to ensure it happens. May God have mercy on our souls.

No comments: