Saw many old familiar faces from Eurocan while at Riverlodge this morning for my Senior's painting class. They were attending a job fair in the hopes of finding a new opportunity somewhere...anywhere. Waved to a sister-in-law's former husband who, like my husband had been out of work in the early 80's when the wood mill closed. Guess he was 'lucky' and got hired back on. Best thing that ever happened to us was the husband's lay-off from Eurocan and then finding work two years later at Alcan. So many of these people are in their 40s and 50s.
If I wasn't officially A Cranky Old Lady I am now.
One of the outfits recruiting was the Canadian Armed Forces. I noticed this walking through the parking lot because their suv was using up two spots and by golly if this wasn't the infamous Day 21* so there was no freakin' way I was going to let that slide. I bitched to the receptionist at the counter, who immediately caught the attention of the organizer who assured me that she'd have them move it. They did.
On the one hand I feel like a psychotic freak but...but...the army is supposed to be precise and disciplined! The least they can do is park properly in a public space.
*I'm really too bloody old to be experiencing pms. This is not a good combination
No comments:
Post a Comment