Christmas proved to be as quiet as this tree is sparse. The husband had to work day shift so I had dinner ready for him and a brother-in-law, with pool in the basement following.
Talked to some relatives throughout the day...Brother#3 is seething with internally generated fury that I'm afraid could land him in serious trouble. Tried to convince him that medical intervention is absolutely crucial and directed him to my favorite bipolar website created by a psychiatrist in Oregon. Had a chat with my parents who were visiting Brother#5 in Powell River and then a 10 - 15 talk with that same brother and oddly the subject of the painting I've just given him and his wife didn't come up. Not a peep*. I contacted Brother#2 on Boxing Day and had a good conversation. He thought he was experiencing depression over the last 18 months but it seems a lot more likely that it was caregiver burn-out from hovering over his wife who has been in and out of Riverview. I sincerely hope they will experience a smooth stretch from now on.
Not sure what Twinb's status really is right now. She's been experiencing some workplace problems that would have been hard for the even-keeled individual. 3 more shifts and perhaps she will be allowed to transfer to a different location...and if not I got me a dandy assistant for the art classes starting in January.
Here's to just chillin'...cheers...
*Dec.29 - gotta take that back now because he didn't realize I was giving them the painting. He phoned today and we got it sorted out. *whew!*
No comments:
Post a Comment