Friday, 13 November 2009

Epic Proportions


Detail from cafe scene - just a little section of the 8' X 16' wall. Fortunately Gail dug out some posters with Chinese symbols she'd painted previously for a Dry Grad and we used some old faux brick flooring from a different grad for the floor. Still. Painting random stone blocks turned out to be rather time consuming.
Penny and Gail measured all the painted surfaces we've been working on and it amounts to a grand total of 2600 square feet almost doubling the previous blockbuster which was The Shoe Show which resulted in 1400 square feet. (I was essentially on my own for that one though)
The final flat I painted is another shop - noodle shop I figure - which I gave 2 windows on which I wanted to add some fretwork. I couldn't remember exactly how it went, Gail couldn't figure out a design and Penny wasn't able to get on the internet so I decided to research it over the next week for when we return for touch ups and last minute details.
Penny's comment to this was "So what you're saying is...we shouldn't fret"

No comments: