Friday, 12 June 2009

Ashes...And Accidents

This is what the 'tide' brings in these days.
Three fires in 6 weeks, damaging a total of 9 homes. I can't remember previous fires being intense enough to take out the neighbors and now we get three.

There have been at least 3 dirt bike accidents in the past week resulting in one significant injury (40 stitches over each knee) and another that's grave (massive head injuries)
yes, yes I know - tis the season but it's a bad one.

About 10 years ago there was a rash of parked vehicles rolling - somewhere between 4 and 6 incidents - which caused one fatality and one broken leg. Hasn't happened since.*

That's how it goes around here and I have no idea if the same thing happens elsewhere. I'll have to pair up with other nosy/nerdy individuals from similar sized towns and compare notes. Then I'll get a better idea as to where we might land on a grid for Location Quotient & Random Shit Storms.



*not reported anyway but since it's not a violent incident I'm pretty sure we'd hear about it.

No comments: