Thursday, 14 May 2009

Inch By Inch

Roe by roe *cough *cough*

The roe will have to be one of the last items included in this mural. I was going to either paint it myself - herring roe on kelp - or force it upon some hapless student but Ville (exchange student from Finland) proposed it himself, though with his less than perfect English he described it as 'those balls on seaweed' . The only other selection for the mural that impressed me as much was from a grade 11 fellow who decided from the very beginning that he would be adding nudibranchs to the environment. He's on his second one which is the 'orange peel nudibranch' and it may prove a bit challenging as it doesn't have all the ethereal, floaty bits to distinguish it but I will guide him as best I can.

It's exciting to see things start to appear and the Haisla creatures work beautifully with the more graphic style backgroud and edge elements.

No comments: