Thursday, 20 March 2008

A Closed Door

Kildala Elementary will be closing June 2009. Within a day of the announcement one anonymous 'artist'/malcontent contributed their own unsolicited image to our mural.

I kind of feel the same way; I almost want to build on this, however, when the weather gets warmer I will drag my paint back down there and fix it.

Once the school closes, children will be expected to walk to one of 2 remaining elementary schools and that walk includes a kilometer long hill. In our weather. There was the occassional day when my kids were young when I didn't feel comfortable sending them the half block to their school. 30 centimeter deep puddles in the snow will do that.
Many families in Kildala don't own cars. Some families don't have parents who'll wake up in time to send their kids to school.
wtf - they're expendable.
Who'll even notice?

No comments: